Sunday, July 14, 2013

Texas Barbecue in New York

(Or, more precisely, The New Yorker.)


Sorry about the blog slowdown, readers (all nine and a half of you). I was on my aforementioned road trip through the south which, in the end, actually involved more flying than driving. But I digress. Before I left, I frantically searched my favorite sites for reading material, which I copied and pasted into a word document saved to read for those times (on planes, in non-wifi hotels, etc.) when I wouldn't have internet access.

One of the articles I saved came from The New Yorker's front page, and it was about Snow's Barbecue in Lexington, and their recent shocking coronation as the number 1 barbecue joint in Texas (and therefore the world, sorry John T. Edge). This confused me mightily, because Franklin Barbecue was the one Texas Monthly just named as number one. Snow's was in the top 4.

Eventually I figured out that the article was five years old. Duh. The New Yorker has this weird habit of putting old stuff on their front page--I don't know why. But it was great reading anyway, so I submit it here for y'all.

Again, the link: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2008/11/24/081124fa_fact_trillin

No comments:

Post a Comment